Castle Sieges is a part of PvP content for clans in Lineage 2. Owning a castle is beneficiary (taxes, castle skills, exclusive teleports, exclusive shop).
- Sieges take place once a week on weekends.
- Sieges start at 9 p.m. server time (EET – Eastern European Time).
- The duration of a siege is 2 hours.
Registration of the attackers
Clans level 3 or higher can enroll for a siege for the attacking party. You can enroll by talking to the Herald NPC located at each castle, the registration is over 24 hours before the siege starts.
Registration of the defenders
Clans level 3 or higher can enroll for a siege for the defending party. The clan which owns the castle is automatically enrolled for the defending party. Other clans need to talk to Herald NPC to enroll for the defence. Registration is over 24 hours before the siege starts; however the clan which owns the castle needs to approve the defending clans which have registered.
- When the server is started, all castle are owned by NPCs.
- When the attackers fail to get the castle from NPC, its ownership returns to a NPC clan.
- If a clan wins the battle, they start owning the castle. When the clan owning a castle is dissolved, the castle’s ownership returns to a NPC clan.
- Castles get no damage before the siege time.
- The attackers and the defenders become enemies.
- The inside and outside of the castle are designed as the battlefield. Although there are no visible lines or borders to mark it, a system message notification appears when your character enters and leaves the battlefield.
- The functions of certain NPCs in and around the castle are suspended for the duration of the Castle Siege.
- All characters within the castle walls not listed on the Defender list are transported to the township of the castle.
- All castle gates are automatically shut at the beginning of the siege.
- Any siege lasts for 2 hours. If during a siege the server is restarted, the siege period is prolonged, and the level of HP of the defending NPCs, the gates etc is the same as before the restart.
- When a registered character or a non-registered characters dies on the battlefield, they lose XP (4%).
- If a character dying in the siege zone doesn't belong to a clan which has the Siege Headquarters, such a character gets resurrected in the township of the castle under the siege.
- The victor is the clan whose leader by the end of the siege has used the Imprint of Light or Imprint of Darkness skill on the castle’s Holy Artifact (it takes 2 minutes to use the Imprint).
- You have 1 hour to change your mind (talk to the NPC).
PvP rules during sieges
- At the beginning of any siege, the registered characters are divided into the Defenders and the Attackers. The attackers can attack each other and each other's Headquaters. There's no siege alliance for Defenders as well.
- You don't have to hold the Ctrl key when attacking the enemies and the neutral characters in the battle zone. When a registered character kills another character, their PK scores are not affected.
- All castle gates are automatically shut at the beginning of the siege.
- As soon as the siege begins, the castle gates can be attacked. The castle gates can be attacked during the siege only.
- The castle gate can't be strengthened during the siege. However the Castle Lord may strengthen them prior to the siege by speaking to the Chamberlain NPC inside the castle.
- Castle gates that have been destroyed may not be repaired during a siege.
- The gates are closed when the castle is taken (intermediate victory). However, the castle gates' HP does not fully restore until the siege ends. Once the siege has ended, the gates return to full health.
- The Skill Build Headquarters is obtained by the clan leader when the clan reaches level 3. The Siege Headquarters allows clan members to respawn at the battle zone. HP and MP are regenerated faster near the Headquarters.
- The skill can only be used by the clan leader of an attacking clan within a designated area of the battlefield. The skill consumes Gemstone (C-grade) — 300 pcs.
- The headquarters has a certain amount of HP and can be attacked and destroyed by the enemies. If the headquarters is destroyed, the leader can rebuild it as many times as necessary
- The Siege Headquarters allows clan members to respawn at this site, and to regenerate HP and MP of the clan members around faster than they would normally.
- The headquarters disappears when the siege is over.
Life Control Tower
- Life Control Towers are located in different parts of a castle.
- Life Control Towers are responsible for the time required to get out of the castle dungeon after resurrection.
- If Life Control Towers are intact, the time is 30 seconds, if they are destroyed, it's 8 minutes.
Flame Control Tower
A Flame Control Tower is a structure that activates various facilities that defend the castle. A certain amount of Adena is required to activate these functions. Such functions include the following:
- a damage zone that continuously reduces HP of any enemy who gets there;
- a slow zone that decreases movement speed of any enemy who gets there.
The strength of each of these functions is divided into four stages. If the attacking side destroys a Flame Control Tower, the functions cease to be activated.
If the castle owner is changed during a siege, it's called a mid-victory. If the Attacking side achieves a mid-victory, the participant categories of the Attackers and Defenders switch. If the newly-owning clan had a Siege Headquarters before they won the castle it disappears. After the mid-victory the gates close, and 1/2 of its HP is restored.
The newly-owning clan is now defending the castle, and the formerly-owning clan can now attack it and have their own Siege Headquarters.
Choosing between Light and Darkness
When a siege is over, you can choose a side: Light or Darkness.
|Castle of Light
||Castle of Darkness
||The looks of the castle
|0% NPC Purchase Fee; 5% NPC Sale Fee
||15% NPC Purchase Fee; 10% NPC Sale Fee
|Features of Light: Max. CP +2000. Not available in a chaotic state.
||Features of Darkness: Max. CP +1000.
|Blessing of Light (3% additional XP and SP) is available to everyone except those who own a Castle of Darkness.
Castle structure and functions
- A clan owning a castle controls over taxes and political activity on its territory.
- By default, the Castle Lord has sole access to all of the functions of the castle.
- The clan owning a castle can use a special warehouse, and use teleportation to move between the castle parts. However, the Castle Lord may temporarily hand over the rights to use certain functions to members of his own clan or Alliance members by using the rights delegation system in the Clan Actions window.
- The taxes are collected from the Castle Chamberlain (Monday, 12 pm)
- Only those who own a Castle of Darkness can collect taxes.
- Additional taxes can be collected by the main Darkness Castle from other Darkness Castles.
Owning a castle or clan hall on L2Gold offers you the following areas where you can teleport.
Special store can be found in Bandit stronghold. The items are a little cheaper there and other items that can only be found there.
- Bandit stronghold
- Obelisk of Victory
- The Ant Nest
- Tower of Insolence, floor 3
- Tower of Insolence, floor 8
- Tower of Insolence, floor 11
- Hotsprings 1
- Hotsprings 2